Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Project Double-Leg

I'm setting a new goal for myself. By the end of this year, I want to have a somewhat decent double-leg takedown. I'm going to practice it as much as I can, every opportunity I get. I want a good double-leg. It's always been difficult for me, which is interesting, considering the double-leg takedown is the easiest takedown there is...but it's always been hard for me. I tend to do too much thinking and not enough moving.

By the end of this month (December), I want to have no doubt that I can successfully take someone down with no hesitation or second-guessing. I don't want to have to say, "Oh no" anymore when Sensei has us go over double-leg. It's hard, but hopefully by the start of the new year, it won't be as big of a deal.

I really want this. I've kind of come to the conclusion that the only way I'm going to learn how to not over-think everything is to make sure that I practice my techniques enough that second-guessing doesn't come into play at all.

It's an issue of confidence stemming from the fact that I'm not 100% sure of what I'm doing. The more I practice, the more I'll be sure.

Ready, set...go.

No comments:

Post a Comment